ESOL (Speaking & Listening)
This course will help learners improve their ability to understand spoken English in common situations. This is an Ascentis qualification, which is based on the national Standards for Adult literacy and are designed to support people arriving and living in Britain. The objective of these qualifications is to improve employability skills and communication and fluency in the community.
Our classes are delivered by experienced ESOL tutors in a relaxed and welcoming environment.
Candidates must be 19+ years of age from the 31st of August 2022, learning English as an additional language, and meet one of the following criteria:
- They have been a UK resident for 3+ years
- They have right to reside in the country
- They are in the UK as part of the Ukrainian Sponsorship Scheme
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is for anyone who is looking to learn English as an additional language.
What will I study?
ESOL Speaking and Listening classes aim to teach learners:
- To gain confidence in their spoken English, and be confident conversing with others
- To become independent of interpreters or translators
- To travel, work and socialise beyond their local community
How will I be assessed?
Learners will be assessed through a combination of recorded listening tasks, and group collaboration tasks.
One class a week, which runs for 2 hours.
The day of each class will vary depending on level.
Book an assessment at one of our Work Hubs here: