Ascentis ESOL Skills for Life
Ascentis ESOL Skills for Life qualifications are designed specifically for people living in Britain and focus on preparing learners for everyday life, further education and the world of work.
The primary aim is to assist the learner in becoming independent of other people such as interpreters or translators when interacting with English speakers in a work environment and elsewhere.
By improving their communication and fluency in English, learners will significantly improve their employability skills and their ability to fully participate in every part of life in Britain beyond their local community.
We run classes across the week from our head office at Riverside Congleton.
Candidates must be 19+ years of age from the 31st of August 2023, learning English as an additional language, and meet one of the following criteria:
- They have been a UK resident for 3+ years
- They have right to reside in the country
- They have a right to access UK Public Funds
Who is the course aimed at?
This course is for anyone who is looking to learn English as an additional language.
What will I study?
ESOL covers all elements of communication, Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing
- The aims of the qualifications are to enable learners:
- To take a full part in the world of work
- To become independent of others, such as interpreters or translators
- To access service providers
- To travel, work and socialise beyond their local community
How will I be assessed?
Learners will be assessed through a combination of recorded listening, speaking, reading and writing tasks.
One class a week, which runs for 2 hours.
The day of each class will vary depending on level.
We welcome new learners throughout the year please book an appointment at our work hubs below.
Book an assessment at one of our Work Hubs here: