Safer Recruitment £30.00 (+VAT)
Safer recruitment is designed to help those who are responsible for hiring anyone who works with children, to identify and deter or reject individuals who are deemed to be at risk of abusing children.
It’s crucial that all employers have a recruitment policy in place that takes into account safer recruitment best practices and considerations. This course covers key topics including: advertising, application forms, selecting candidates for interview based on the information they have presented, and post-interview checks before making an offer of employment.
Who is the course aimed at?
- Teaching Assistants
- Council Workers
- Social Workers
- Nursery Staff
- Head Teachers
- HR Staff
- Governing Bodies
What will I study?
- Outline what is meant by safer recruitment and the practices involved
- Explain how safer recruitment supports effective safeguarding practice, define pre-employment checks (PEC) and who they apply to
- Identify legislation that underpins safer recruitment, and cases where a safe recruitment process could have prevented abuse
- Understand how to assess the suitability of candidates
- Outline the treatment of ex-offenders when working with individuals at risk
- Know the six NHS employment check standards and their processes
- Understand the guidance the leads to safer recruitment procedures
How will I be assessed?