Level 2 Safeguarding Children £30.00 (+VAT)
Filter by Category
This Level 2 Safeguarding Children introduces safeguarding as a topic and covers key safeguarding areas such as, safeguarding jargon, working in a multi-agency approach and best practice.
This level 2 course will give learners the knowledge they need to be able to identify the signs and symptoms of abuse and what they need to do if they suspect a child is being abused or discloses sensitive information to them.
Who is the course aimed at?
- Level 2 advanced safeguarding children training is suitable for anyone who frequently works with children and needs a more in-depth knowledge of safeguarding legislation and procedure
- Teaching Assistants
- Daycare Assistants
- Care Workers
- Many more
What will I study?
- The profound impact some well-known cases of child abuse and neglect have had on legislation
- The ability to explain the importance of multi-agency cooperation
- How to define safeguarding in respect to children and young people
- What you need to do if a child makes a disclosure or if you suspect abuse
- What whistleblowing is, what it is not and why it is important
- Ways you can reduce the risk of abuse
- The signs and symptoms of the different types of abuse
- The roles and responsibilities Level 2 early years and young people practitioners may have
How will I be assessed?
The end of course test consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test six times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.
Approximately seven to eight hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.