Health and Safety Training Package
This Virtual College CPD approved Health and Safety Training Package includes two of our most popular courses in one convenient place. Covering essential Health and Safety and Fire Safety knowledge such as outline accident and incident investigation, recognising common hazards, how to react in a fire and understanding which type of fire extinguishers to use.
Who is the course aimed at?
This Health & Safety training pack is perfect for any individual or business that wants cost-effective compliance training. The training pack includes two of our popular courses, Awareness of Health and Safety at Work and Fire Safety.
According to the Health and Safety Executive, in 2015/16 30.4 million working days were lost due to self-reported work-related illness or injury. By giving employees good Health and Safety training, you reduce the risk of workplace accidents and adhere to your legal obligation of preventing accidents in the workplace.
The Awareness of Health and Safety at Work course demonstrates the key principles of workplace health and safety, emphasised the importance of risk assessment and outlines incident reporting and communication.
The Fire Safety course teaches staff about the causes of fire, detection and warning systems, evacuation procedure and how to tackle small fires when necessary, covering key required knowledge.
The courses that make up this training pack are CPD certified and are ideal as part of an induction for new employees or for those needing to refresh their knowledge. No previous qualifications or experience is necessary.
What will I study?
You will learn
- Understand the key principles of health and safety at work
- Recognise the importance of risk assessment to Health and Safety and how it is undertaken
- Be able to outline accident and incident investigation and reporting best practice
- Be able to communicate health and safety information clearly
- Recognise common health and safety hazards and how they can be controlled.
- Understand the key legislation involving fire safety
- Understand the legal requirements for workplace safety
- Understand the “Fire Triangle” and how it may be used
- Know how to react in a fire and understand the different warning systems
- Understand the importance of an evacuation plan and key evacuation legislation
- Understand the different types of fire and what the causes may be
- Understand which type of fire extinguishers to use
- Be able to take steps to minimise the risk of a fire occurring
How will I be assessed?