Food & Hygiene
Food Allergy Awareness Training £16.00 (+VAT)
This Food Allergy Awareness Training course is designed to help learners identify the fourteen particular food allergens which must, by law, be recognised and to understand why foods containing allergens must be handled carefully.
Who is the course aimed at?
- Anyone who owns, manages or works in a food-related business will need to make sure their operations are compliant with EU Food Information Regulation No. 1169/2011 (FIR) / Food Information for Consumers Regulation (FIC)
- The Food Allergy Awareness Training Course is therefore suitable for food handlers, as well as those with a role that involves contact with food including staff members in a catering environment like hotels, restaurants, takeaways, cafes, bars, fast food outlets, fish & chip shops, kitchens, hospitals, prisons, schools and colleges
- This course can be used either as Induction, Awareness, Refresher or Foundation Training, making it a highly flexible choice. It also demonstrates that your organisation is dedicated to educating its staff by delivering first class food safety training without the need for off-site learning or disruptive classroom sessions
What will I study?
- Understanding what both a food allergy and intolerance are
- Learning to recognise the symptoms of an allergic reaction
- Knowing which ingredients could cause allergies
- Understanding what allergy information is required on pre-packed food labels
- Understanding what to consider to keep consumers safe
- Knowing how to provide allergen information specific to their food business
How will I be assessed?
- 3 CPD Points
- CPD Certified
- 1-2 hours
- Online Study