Business Skills and Compliance
Employment Law for Line Managers – Recruitment, Pay and Retention £50 (+VAT)
Upon completion of these modules, learners will gain the skills and knowledge they require to be an efficient and lawful line manager.
This management training toolkit is split into individual modules that will help line managers who are looking for self-development, or even introductory training for professionals who are looking to progress into a line management role.
Why take this toolkit?
This training toolkit was designed to help line managers develop their knowledge and skills when it comes to managing employees and dealing with recruitment selection, working hours, pay and the lawful treatment of staff.
Upon completion, learners will have a good understanding of employment law, the role of a line manager in the recruitment process, and the responsibilities involved when it comes to staff payment, retention and working hours.
No formal entry requirements
Who is the course aimed at?
We realise how difficult it is to make time to focus on these skills. This is why we have made each course bite-sized, and structured them in such a way that you can easily dip in an out as suits you, ensuring that the learning can easily fit into your schedule.
What will I study?
- Understand the recruitment process from holding interviews to managing selection activities from a legislative point of view
- Understanding the laws around discrimination and breaches of contract
- Explore the key issues and legislative information around health and safety in the workplace/discrimination laws/employee and employer obligations and constructive dismissal cases
- Understanding the laws around discrimination and breaches of contract,
- Explore the key issues and legislative information around health and safety in the workplace, discrimination laws, employee and employer obligations and constructive dismissal cases.
How will I be assessed?