Fabric IT Ltd Trainee Engineer
Fabric IT is a leading IT Support provider operating in the northwest of England. We support over 100 customers across the UK with everything from the printers to their Modern Workplace strategy.
You will be responsible for providing 1st and 2nd Line IT technical support to our Customers. It is important that, as a Trainee Engineer you are a team player, energetic, analytically strong and are keen to develop and progress your technical capabilities.
The role encompasses a broad range of technologies and you are expected to approach all aspects of the role with enthusiasm. This is a customer facing role and you are expected to be customer focused throughout all aspects of your daily responsibilities, as outlined below:
- Installation, Configuration, Support, Systems Administration and Diagnosis of customer hardware and software. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Current Operating Systems
- Current and Legacy Application Packages
- Component level hardware support
- Networks, Routers, Virtual Private Networks, Network Attached Peripherals.
- Standard Server packages (such as Microsoft Exchange & Anti-Virus)
- Act as a 1st Line support contact within the existing technical services department. This will involve taking customer requests via the telephone and via e-mail and the Engineer will be expected to resolve queries in a timely and efficient manner. Where the Engineer does not possess the skills required to resolve the query, they will be required to seek assistance from within the team accordingly. They should retain ownership of the ticket throughout its lifecycle.
- Ensure that you communicate to a customer that you have taken ownership of or are commencing work on a ticket. This is when the SLA Counter for response times stops for each given request.
- At all times, manage the expectations of the customer by keeping them informed of the progress of their ticket. Ensure that the customer is notified if there are issues or delays in the progress of their request being handled.
- Duties may be performed from a many locations (including the Fabric IT’s office, the Employees home, or elsewhere) via the Internet or over the phone or at a Customer site. While most work will take place during normal business hours there will be times when work must take place outside these times. Where possible you will be informed in advance of these events but the nature of the work requires that you be flexible. Over time or given time off in lieu for this work.
- Complete all assigned tasks to the established standards and timescales. If there are any problems completing a task the Engineer is expected to liaise with the customer and notify the Account Manager as soon as is practical.