IT User Skills Certificate (ICDL) Level 2 – 2 Week Crash Course
The ICDL qualification is nationally recognised. It is designed to cover the key concepts of computing, its practical applications and their use in the workplace and society in general.
This two-week computer course gives Learners the chance to gain their Level 2 International Computer Driving Licence in just a few weeks. This is an ideal qualification for anyone wishing to work in an office-based role such as administration.
The course is a natural progression from a Level 1 IT qualification or for learners with existing IT skills. A desire to succeed and commitment to the course is expected.
Who is the course aimed at?
This qualification is designed specifically for learners who want to build on their existing experience and basic knowledge and improve their understanding of computer applications. It’ll give you a benchmark qualification in using a computer and help you develop your IT skills and enhance your career prospects.
What will I study?
- Word Processing covering different word processing formatting options including the insertion of headers and footers, merging and splitting cells in tables and using mail merge.
- Spreadsheets covering formatting spreadsheets and charts using a range of formulae, i.e. SUM, AVERAGE, IF Statements and Absolute Cell Referencing.
- PowerPoint Presentations will be adapted and created using template designs, animation and transition effects, organisation charts and printed out in handout or slide view.
- Improving Productivity Using IT – teaches learners about ways in which you can use Information Technology (IT) skills to improve productivity at work. The module shows how you can work more efficiently by planning the use of IT tools and systems, finding out if the tools or systems you had chosen were appropriate for achieving your goal, and then by finding solutions to work faster when using the same tools.
How will I be assessed?
At the end of each module, you will be assessed with an on-line exam.
- Monday – Friday Week commencing 13th June – 24th June – 9.30am – 3.00pm
- Monday – Friday Week commencing 4th July – 15th July – 9.30am – 3.00pm
To secure a place on one of our 2 week courses, you will need to book an pre-enrolment appointment at our Congleton work hub. You can do this by clicking here.
Alternatively, give us a call on 01260 290 682 and we will book an appointment with you over the phone.