Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) 2 Day course
What is Mental Health First Aid?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis; it won’t teach you to be a therapist, but will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis. To date, over 206,000 people have taken an MHFA course, whilst statistics show that one in four people in the UK will experience at least one diagnosable mental health issue in any one year.
Our Next Course is to be held on the 12th & 13th March 2021
Places per delegate cost £225 + VAT
To book your place please complete this simple booking form here
There is no requirement for learners to have prior skills, knowledge or understanding of this topic.
Who is the course aimed at?
Anyone who would like to support colleagues facing mental health issues, and improve understanding and attitudes towards mental health in the workplace.
What will I study?
Learning takes place through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions. The two day Mental Health First Aiders session is a practical skills and awareness course designed to give you:
- A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including your own
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
How will I be assessed?
There is no formal assessment for this course but delegates must complete all sections of the course.
You now have the skills to be a Mental Health First Aider in the workplace.
Future course dates will be available in the new year.