Emergency First Aid At Work
Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work Certificate
The Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981 require all employers to make arrangements to ensure their employees receive immediate attention if they are injured or taken ill at work. This includes carrying out a risk assessment, appointing a suitable amount of first aiders and providing appropriate first aid training.
There is no requirement for learners to have prior skills, knowledge or understanding; however a basic level of English is required.
Who is the course aimed at?
The QA Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification designed for those who have a specific responsibility at work, to provide first aid in a range of emergency first aid situations. It is also ideal for people who have a specific responsibility to provide basic first aid in voluntary and community activities.
What will I study?
During this 1 day course, learners will develop the skills and knowledge needed to deal with a range of emergency first aid situations. Topics covered include:
• legal framework / record keeping
• managing an emergency
• use of equipment / first aid box
• managing an unconscious casualty and / or in seizure
• choking – adult, baby and child
• personal hygiene procedures
• managing a bleeding casualty
Everyone who completes the course gets:
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
How will I be assessed?
4 x Practical assessments
1 x Theory assessment (Multiple Choice Question Paper) and continuous formative assessment conducted throughout the course.
Covid-19 stringent hygiene measures and limited class sizes to permit social distancing have been implemented.
1 day 9.30am – 5.00pm
When is your next First Aid Course?
Forthcoming course dates are:
- September 30th 2021 – Book Now
- November 25th 2021 – Book Now
- February 17th 2022 – Book Now
- April 21st 2022 – Book Now
- June 16th 2022 – Book Now
How Much is the Emergency First Aid at Work Course?
- Course costs £100 + VAT each certificate awarded is valid for 3 years.